Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: William <Reply_at_NewsGroup.Please>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:38:53 -0600

"Chuck F. " <cbfalconer_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:UoydnXqRH48niALenZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d_at_maineline.net...

> You fail to appreciate the extent of the NIH syndrome here. To
> illustrate, some years ago there was a need to reassign exit
> numbers on the Connecticut Turnpike (motorway to you). These were
> just sequential numbers at the time. The proposal was to replace
> them with kM from the southern terminus, which I considered a
> gentle way of getting people used to the feel of a kilometer. The
> proposal was howled down.

Several years ago I was driving through either Alabama or Mississippi and noticed that kilometers were marked right along with the usual "mile" markers. I think this was on US 90 and I don't think it was duplicated on the interstate. (For non-USA-ians, US highways are state roads coordinated between states; one step down from the interstate highway system.) Just seemed odd to find that in the (anything but) Deep South. (Maybe it was a tourism thing; we do get a lot of Canadians in the winter :-) -Wm Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 11:38:53 CST