Re: rollback after crash

From: Pradeep <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2005 08:01:38 -0800

Sybrand,

With redo i mean redo logs.
Suppose i have 2 redo log files.
I run an update statement.
T1) Corresponding details gets logged into redo log file 1.  The uncommitted data frm buffer cache and undo is flushed to the disk subsequent transactions results
redo log1 gets full -> log switch -> redo log 2 gets full -> log switch
-> redo log 1 is over written here.

So after over writing redo files if my instance crashes how does it recovers or rollbacks the uncommitted data which occured at T1

I hope my question is clear Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 10:01:38 CST