Error message ORA-12203

From: <bpiroue_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Dec 2005 06:29:42 -0800

Dear all,

we use an Oracle 9 database, and connect via ODBC (yes I know, it is not good to have ODBC connecting to Oracle, but there is no choice for us)
When a user is logging in, everything works fine. He uses our application, no error message, everything's fine. If the user stop working with our application and, after a while, he starts using our application again, there is an error message ORA-12203 telling him, that it is not possible to connect to the destination. So he must kill the application, restart, and after that, everything works fine again.

Is this a timeout problem? Where can I set a timeout for a connection?

Thank you!

Bastien Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 08:29:42 CST