Re: Oracle Express, Go To Database Home Page problem

From: <norman.dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: 14 Dec 2005 03:31:39 -0800

Ok Mark, here are the grusome details :

Fresh download of the latest Windows version of XE. Clean install onto Windows 200 SP4 with 256 Mb RAM (minus about 6M for Graphics card etc.).
Only Oracle 9i client installed on this PC.

The installer runs, asks requisite questions etc. I only have to change the port for the recovery service as the 9i client has hogged the default port. I accept the offered port number.

Installer finishes and offers me the chance to connect to the database home page - I accept. Explorer comes up and shows a load of text about the ftp port being wrong etc etc. There is nothing there the resembles the expected page.

Check services and all are running except the JobScheduler which is disabled.

Try to connect via the SQLPlus option on start | programs | Oracle Database 10g Express edition. Connect sys/password as sysdba and I get connected to an idle instance. Startup fails - cannot find the spfile.

Check through the logs in
C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\config\log and find the following :

BEGIN POSTSCRIPTS.LOG CONTENTS : SQL>
@C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\rdbms\admin\dbmssml.sql; SP2-0310: unable to open file
"C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\rdbms\admin\dbmssml.sql"

SQL>
@C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\rdbms\admin\dbmsclr.plb;

SQL> DROP PUBLIC DATABASE LINK DBMS_CLRDBLINK; Database link dropped.

<BIG SNIP>

Directory created.
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. Commit complete.

timing for: Load Start
Elapsed: 00:00:09.12

Directory dropped.
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. Commit complete.

ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE.

SP2-0640: Not connected
SP2-0641: "EXECUTE" requires connection to server
SP2-0640: Not connected

END POSTSCRIPTS.LOG CONTENTS Now, the connection to SYS as sysdba has failed here for some reason, whihc is unusual as the scriopt has connected a couple of times using the same password already. The PostDBCreation.sql then runs as follows :

BEGIN POSTDBCREATION.LOG CONTENTS SQL> connect "SYS"/"&&sysPassword" as SYSDBA ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

SQL> set echo on
SQL> //create or replace directory DB_BACKUPS as
'C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\flash_recovery_area';
SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> begin

  2  	dbms_xdb.sethttpport('8080');
  3  	dbms_xdb.setftpport('0');

  4 end;
  5 /
SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> create
spfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\dbs/spfileXE.ora' FROM
pfile='C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\config\scripts\init.ora'; SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> shutdown immediate;
ORA-01012: not logged on

SQL> connect "SYS"/"&&sysPassword" as SYSDBA ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

SQL> startup ;
ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters ORA-01565: error in identifying file
'C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\dbs/spfileXE.ora'

ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

SQL> select 'utl_recomp_begin: ' || to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS') from dual;
SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> execute utl_recomp.recomp_serial(); SP2-0640: Not connected
SP2-0641: "EXECUTE" requires connection to server

SQL> select 'utl_recomp_end: ' || to_char(sysdate, 'HH:MI:SS') from dual;
SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> alter user hr password expire account lock; SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> alter user ctxsys password expire account lock; SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> alter user outln password expire account lock; SP2-0640: Not connected

SQL> spool off;

END POSTDBCREATION.LOG CONTENTS So the connection failed, the startup failed - the spfile was never created within the script. This is *not* as I reported last night, due to the '/' in the filename (whihc can be seen above) as I have subsequently tested a creation with a mix of separators and the file was created fine.

I have managed to get the system up and running and followed the
'getting started guide' quite happily simply by starting up the
database and running the failed parts of the two scripts identified above.

Cheers,
Norm. Received on Wed Dec 14 2005 - 05:31:39 CST