Re: Question about efficient ways to pass data from java to oracle

From: theRat <john_hilgedick_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2005 18:45:27 -0800

Robert,

updates are slow - for both batch updates and for converting data to arrays of structs that are passed into a stored procedure. In addition, gaining the connection object (when obtained through the DriverManager class) is also slow under load. I don't believe the database is the problem. It's true that we are doing some indexing and that that will slow things down a bit.

What I'm really looking for is just other techniques for passing large amounts of data to oracle - techniques that I can try and compare to what I'm currently doing. For example, I'd love to try Connection.setArray() - but I can't find any examples out there. Or perhaps there is a way to declare a "stored procedure" in java and execute it in oracle (as opposed to an actual stored procedure). I'm just not sure what my options are.

-john Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 20:45:27 CST