Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: Howard Brazee <howard_at_brazee.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:21:29 -0700

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:10:23 +0000 (UTC), Richard Heathfield <invalid_at_invalid.invalid> wrote:

>When I'd crossed the last 'i' and dotted the final 't', my result (which,
>yes, I handed in) was: 2.997 metres per second. This means that, if I break
>into a slowish run, then according to the Lorentz-Fitzgerald equations I
>acquire imaginary mass, and can only decelerate by running harder.

That's one of the places where slide rule training helps. You can't do anything with a slide rule without being able to guess the proper order of magnitude of the answer.

Didn't someone write a story where people live in everyday life with a very low speed of light? Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 14:21:29 CST