Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: Howard Brazee <howard_at_brazee.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:40:44 -0700

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:30:05 -0500, "Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote:

>not an issue with oracle or most modern programming environments that are
>timezone aware
>
>not an issue with most dinner appointments that i keep ;-)

I know someone who was called to fly to Seattle for an appointment with his boss. His Outlook calendar set up an appointment, and translated the time into Rocky Mountain time. That would have been good if he was doing a phone interview. But he showed up late.

Synchronize clocks, synchronize calendars, and everybody is the same.

It is interesting that ESPN is doing this - they don't tell their TV audience when the game will start local time anymore.

The USAF has done this for a while.

China has one time zone (Siberia above it has a bunch). Smart Chinese. Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 12:40:44 CST