Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: Chuck F. <cbfalconer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:06:31 -0500

Chris Hills wrote:

... snip ...

> I know what you mean. In the UK it took about 30 years to switch
> and that was with metric being the only system taught in schools.
> Most people over 50 in the UK still tend to use Imperial unless
> their job requires metric. However in another 15 years very no
> one will use the old imperial units.
>
> I understand that parts of the US industry have gone metric
> already they are multinational. It will creep in slowly. In say
 > another 50 years.

You fail to appreciate the extent of the NIH syndrome here. To illustrate, some years ago there was a need to reassign exit numbers on the Connecticut Turnpike (motorway to you). These were just sequential numbers at the time. The proposal was to replace them with kM from the southern terminus, which I considered a gentle way of getting people used to the feel of a kilometer. The proposal was howled down.

--
Read about the Sony stealthware that is a security leak, phones
home, and is generally illegal in most parts of the world.  Also