Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: Oliver Wong <owong_at_castortech.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:03:28 GMT

"Howard Brazee" <howard_at_brazee.net> wrote in message news:06rtp11thge1m7hun83r04trmmigpba77u_at_4ax.com...
> As a programmer, there is something I would rather have than a world
> wide metric system - and that's a world wide time system. Let's all
> go to Zulu time.
>
> But there are people who can't imagine it being "noon" in the middle
> of the night - it just isn't natural nor part of God's plan!

    Agreed. The sooner as we rid this silly notion that time depends on the Earth's spin and position, the better. There is currently too much confusion synchronizing events between people in different time zones.

    "5 o'clock, next Sunday? My time zone or yours? Yours? Okay, do you have daylight savings or anything funky going on over there? You do? Well, when does it end? This Tuesday? Okay, so are you moving ahead one hour or back one hour? No, I mean, if you didn't have daylight savings, would the 5 o'clock become 6 o'clock or 7 o'clock? No, it's no good here either, because my daylight ends tomorrow. I'm moving ahead. Yes, 1 hour ahead. No, as in it used to be noon, now it's 1. What?"