Re: informix market share

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:53:04 -0600

On 2005-11-27, Madison Pruet <mpruet_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>> Madison Pruet wrote:
>> > "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message

[deletia]

>> Does anyone have a feature-by-feature comparison that would indicate
>> otherwise?
>
> If Oracle EE could 1) run on more than 4 CPUs, 2) included DataGuard (IDS
> HDR), 3) included Streams Replication (IDS ER), ... - then it would be fair
> to say that IDS should be compared to Oracle EE.

        Dataguard is the reason why my current (small) shop is using Oracle EE rather than SE. Being a small shop they didn't have the expertise or comfort level to deploy RAC (until now) and were not interested in outsourcing this.

[deletia]

        It's rather cheesey that Dataguard is not in SE. It makes SE pointless for just the sort of user that would want to use Oracle to begin with.

--
Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||

                http://www.usenet.com