Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: HeyBub <heybubNOSPAM_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:37:33 -0600

Richard wrote:
>> Meanwhile, since most of our tools, etc., are being made in China,
>> we are slowly converting them to the English system of weights and
>> measures.
>
> You probably meant to say 'Imperial' system as the English system is
> now mostly metric. But then you probably meant 'American' because 16
> fl.oz in a pint, AF spanner sizes and UNF threads were never
> 'English'.

You're absolutely right. We try to avoid the word "Imperial," though, as we don't want to upset anyone.

>> After de-metrification, it's only one small step...
>
> Hmm, they may print the labels with US measure conversions of the
> metric sizes - eg "Load not to exceed 440.924495207592 pound"

We'll keep some dual measurements. I like, for example, metric bra size designations - A 36C becoming, instantly, an 80C is, well, delicious. (You'll notice "metric" bra sizes still measure cups in inch-equivalents.) Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 10:37:33 CST