open with migrate??

From: pnp <pnpNOSPAM_at_softlab.ntua.gr>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:33:24 +0200

I have a database that was installed on D:\ then the C:\ partition was deleted and I had to re-install the oracle server. i installed oracle 9.2 the problem is that the database cannot be opened while it can be mounted and the error I get from the log is that I have to open the database with the migrate option. I asked the employees that were using the previous oracle installation and said that oracle 8.1 was used and then they installed on top of it oracle 9.2 which they were using until the crash of the partition. Now I cannot open the database... I tried migrating it to oracle 9.2 through a wizard but I got errors, I tried doing that from sql+ but still got a lot of errors, so both methods wouldn't let me upgrade the db.

Any suggestions???

thanks in advance,
peter Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 06:33:24 CST