Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: <docdwarf_at_panix.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:17:32 +0000 (UTC)

In article <pcL4EcAyVpnDFAKG_at_phaedsys.demon.co.uk>, Chris Hills <chris_at_phaedsys.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <1134432470.189635.322230_at_g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>Richard <riplin_at_Azonic.co.nz> writes

[snip - apparent misattribution preserved]

>>> After de-metrification, it's only one small step...
>>
>>Hmm, they may print the labels with US measure conversions of the
>>metric sizes - eg "Load not to exceed 440.924495207592 pound"
>
>Most of the world went metric a long while ago. The US will have to
>follow eventually.

As a citizen of the United States of America I can feel secure in responding to this with a hearty 'I dunno...'

I recall reading an article a few years back about how there was going to be a strong drive towards switching to the metric system in the USA.

About two years after that I read another article about how Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon.

DD Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 04:17:32 CST