Re: JPMorgan Chase to strengthen offshoring to India

From: HeyBub <heybubNOSPAM_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:17:44 -0600

MSCHAEF.COM wrote:
> In article <11ppo0gbjf6vp3d_at_news.supernews.com>,
> HeyBub <heybubNOSPAM_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's the goal!
>>
>> America full of CEOs and the rest of the world full of workers. It's
>> not rocket surgery.
>
> Western offshoring of high-intellectual-content work is going to do a
> really good job of training foreign workers in western business
> practices. It might take a while, but some of these foreign workers
> are going to tire of seeing the fruits of their labor go to the west
> and start their own companies in their own countries.

Don't think so. High intellect is not the same thing as good business practice. In fact, they are often opposite. Consider Betamax and Micros~1.

Meanwhile, since most of our tools, etc., are being made in China, we are slowly converting them to the English system of weights and measures. After de-metrification, it's only one small step... Received on Mon Dec 12 2005 - 17:17:44 CST