Limiting CPU utilisation based on user profile

From: Rich <richardgillis_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2005 08:45:35 -0800

Help - I've got an Enterprise Edition database (9i) where we have two types of user; User Interface-based and Analyst-based. I'd like to use something (e.g., Resource Manager) to ensure that Analysts get 100% of CPU unless the User Interface users want to do something, at which time, the Analysts reduce to, say 10% of CPU.

I've looked into Resource Manager and Profiles, but it suggests that I can only set a minimum CPU percentage, I'd rather set a maximum? Anyone got anything similar? !

Thanks, Rich Received on Mon Dec 12 2005 - 10:45:35 CST