Re: Creating 100,000+ tables.

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 11 Dec 2005 16:54:20 -0800

Serge Rielau wrote:

> FWIW, I have seen a design recently requiring 1.5M stored procedures and
> 1M tables. (that's million,not milli :-)
> The SAP schema suddenly looks boring....

Oh, I know this one!
"To eliminate use of nulls and other backward design techniques, we now store data in multiple tables each with its own combination of columns. That way, depending on how the data presents itself, we store it on the *right* table."

Also: "we denormalize all joins into tables. Then all we have to do is a *simple and fast* single table select to get the result for any join."

And so the long list of incompetent and ignorant "designs" goes. Roll in the next piece of sheer unadulterated irresponsible madness... Received on Sun Dec 11 2005 - 18:54:20 CST