Re: Oracle sizer tool

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:04:03 +0100

lsllcm wrote:
> I want to build a web application, and want to do the esimation about
> the hardware requirement, like (Platform, CPU, RAM and Disk), I have
> heard that Oracle sizer tool can help on this. Does anyone know about
> oracle sizer tool, and where can I download the tool?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Used to be such a tool, but for Oracle Apps (now called eBusiness Suite).
I am afraid it won't be of much help, as there are too many variables:

- what type of website?
- how many hits/second
- will you be using 2 or 3 tier configuration?
- will you be using Webcache?
- will you be using (hardware) load balancing?
- will it be PL/SQL or Java, PHP or yet something else?
- where will the (major portion of the) code be executed?
- etc, etc.

I'd just go ahead, measure and tune, and add more, or possibly change, hardware as you go.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...