Re: 10gR2 RHL4 on AMD opteron 64-bit or HP Itanium?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:34:37 -0800

Bob Jones wrote:
> "HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message

> cannot

>>>What does that have to do with whether Itanium is more scalable than

> Opteron
>
>>>or not?
>>>

>>Has nothing to do with Itanium.  Has everything to do with your 4-CPU
>>question.  And there has everything to do with Oracle RAC message - it's
>>ALL in the economics.
>>

> You are not only off the topic, the comparisons you made earlier did not
> show anything. If you want to talk about which configuraton is more
> economical, I would be happy to discuss in a different thread. This thread
> is NOT about economics. READ THE THREAD.

Wrong Bob. RAC is about scaling with commodity boxes ... boxes with 2 or 4 CPUs. Thus your argument about Itanium scaling beyond 4 CPUs is irrelevant. But you just don't want to read the Oracle docs and acknowledge your error do you? Fine ... This thread is now kill-filed.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org