Cursor For Explain Plan

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:53:57 -0500

I am trying to generate an explain plan from within SAP using their language called ABAP. The problem is that I can OPEN the cursor with no problem but it is not populated unless I do something other than OPEN it. If I use the FETCH command shown below, I get: "ORA-01009: missing mandatory parameter"

Can someone tell me what the proper command to use is in place of the FETCH? EXEC SQL.
  OPEN c1 FOR
  EXPLAIN PLAN SET STATEMENT_ID = 'ZZ_ABAP'   FOR SELECT * FROM rsaabap where 1 = 2
ENDEXEC. DO.
  EXEC SQL.
    fetch next c1 into :wa
  ENDEXEC.
  IF sy-subrc <> 0.
    EXIT.
  ENDIF.
ENDDO. EXEC SQL.
  CLOSE c1
ENDEXEC Received on Fri Dec 09 2005 - 07:53:57 CST