Re: 10gR2 RHL4 on AMD opteron 64-bit or HP Itanium?

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:35:44 GMT

> Bob Jones wrote:
>
>> An 8CPU box? We are talking about multi-node clusters with more than 4
>> CPUs per node. In OP's case, it is a 2-node.
>
> Lets return to basics. You are the one, IIRC, that made the comment
> that Itanium was more scalable and then defended that by saying that
> Opteron scaled to a maximum of 4 CPUs per box while Itanium allowed up
> to 100.

Yes, I did. Have you shown otherwise?

> I pointed out that scaling past 4 CPUs per box is ridiculous and goes
> against the entire concept Oracle is promoting with respect to RAC.

That's exactly what I disagree with. What is Oracle's concept? RAC cannot have more than 4 CPUs per node?

> So how does your comment above relate to the thread?

I was simply pointing out the fact that you were comparing a single 8CPU box to a multi-node RAC has nothing to do with the thread. Received on Thu Dec 08 2005 - 17:35:44 CST