Re: Creating 100,000+ tables.

From: DaLoverhino <DaLoveRhino_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Dec 2005 08:41:02 -0800

The reason why I want to create all these tables, is I'm suppose to write some tools for the DBA admins I can't think of any specifics off hand, since it's whatever the DBA's ask me to do, but often times I have to hit tables like DBA_TABLES, and often times, the queries I write can be slow, since many of these DBA_ views are big, and the constructor queries for them are quite complex.

So, what I want to do, is compare constructing a sql query that goes against DBA_XX vs going against the underlying sys tables. Since I have a database to play around with, I want to compare 10k tables, 20k, 100k.

So I want to create a script to make X tables, or X objects, or whatever. Then, I want to store these scripts away for a later time, if I need to poke around with performance again.

Anyways, that's really the reason.

Thanks for all your suggestions. Received on Thu Dec 08 2005 - 10:41:02 CST