Re: Replication - What to use?

From: gbertele <georgebertele_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Dec 2005 10:57:32 -0800

First of all, verson is 9.2.0.6 Enterprise Edition.

Second, from the first reply above, I think maybe I was unclear about the requirements. Without some soft of replication, how can the reporting app report on a "snapshot in time" while the main app continues to update the DB with all sorts of data entry continuing to occur? I was looking at it as a separate database, which would be that snapshot, and not have any effects from the continued data entry in the main DB.

And, as mentioned, the tables that would be considered "shared" would be updated by both apps. The current reporting app points to our main DB, but this new "snapshot" requirement forces either a major change to app code, or a "snapshot" database, as I keep referring to it.

All input is, as I said before, appreciated.

Thanks!

-George