Re: Dump ldap into tnsnames.ora ? (automatically)

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2005 09:36:56 -0800

zejeanmi_at_gmail.com wrote:

> We are using ldap naming (oracle internet directory for name
> resolution).
>
> Is there a command to dump the whole ldap into a tnsnames.ora ?
> (we need to generate this file automatically with a batch)

Short of writing a script, you can only create connection entries in tnsnames.ora file one at a time using Net Manager (highlight one entry, go to File | Save As | OK). That Save As creates a new entry.

OID has a names server proxy. I think it means you can quickly set up a names server out of your OID installation. If so, launch namesctl and type dump_tnsnames. It would be nice if we could have a dump_tnsnames command running against OID.

Yong Huang Received on Tue Dec 06 2005 - 11:36:56 CST