9i Multi-master Replication

From: <julius.cooper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2005 07:41:48 -0800

Hello,

I am running Oracle 9.2.0.5, with a 3-site multi-master environment. I am testing the constraints/consequences of trying to add and remove databases.

According to note 179312.1: "Oracle Replication has been enhanced in 9i and now it is no longer necessary to quiesce a replication group when adding or removing a master database." I have succeeded in removing a database without quiescing the group, but when I try to re-add that same group, I get:

ORA-23310: object group "PUBLIC"."FRG" is not quiesced (along with several ORA-06512 errors)

Am I missing something, or is the statement above incorrect?

Regards,
Julius Received on Tue Dec 06 2005 - 09:41:48 CST