Database server stops responding

From: scamper <s.campbell_at_freeuk.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 22:42:04 -0000

I've got a problem where a Redhat Linux server running our Oracle 10g database stops responding every couple of weeks at random times. It could be connected with backups that take place at night but we can't find any problems reported by Oracle or Linux. The only notice we get is when our application fails to connect to the database. When this happens we find we cannot log into the server either and all we can do is reboot the server.

Can anyone suggest anything we can monitor or know of any known issues with this set up?

thanks

scamper Received on Mon Dec 05 2005 - 16:42:04 CST