Re: What will happen after this senario?

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:25:25 +0000

On 5 Dec 2005 10:32:05 -0800, "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> I've install oracle 9i with 9.0.2.5 patch on windows 2000 server as
>> "ABC" user who member windows administrator group.
>
>I am not a huge windows on oracle fan, so I may get some of this wrong.
>
>But I believe that the oracle installation guide recommends installing
>the oracle software as a "local administrator" on windows servers.

 It depends what words you insert to complete the sentence, but I read that as:

     "ABC" user who [is a] member [of the] windows administrator group.

 ... which makes the user "a local adminstrator", and would be OK. The installation guide says:

"
To install the Oracle Database software:

   1.

      Log on as a member of the Administrators group to the computer on which to install Oracle components.

      If you are installing on a Primary Domain Controller (PDC) or a Backup Domain Controller (BDC), log on as a member of the Domain Administrators group. "

>Not as someone who is an administrator of some windows group.

 I didn't think Windows (local) groups had adminstrators as such - same as UNIX groups.

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool