Re: .NET Stored procedures and Oracle 10g lite R2

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 10:47:46 -0500

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:dmuvd9$60i$1_at_news1.zwoll1.ov.home.nl...

> Mark C. Stock wrote:

>> "Moritz Klein" <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de> wrote in message

>>>*shiver*
>>>Should have looked more into it, just skipped over the feature list..
>>

>> i'm suspicious of the reference i found to using a sysdba account to
>> deploy
>> the .Net stored procedure... it's in a how-to article written by a
>> non-oracle person and there's no explanation why it would be necessary.
>> it
>> looks like support for .Net stored procedures is just an extension of
>> external procedure calls which has been out there for many decades, to
>> the
>> security concerns should be the same as they always have been when using
>> extproc.exe -- but i could not find any other info on deployment, so i'm
>> still wondering.
>>
>> ++ mcs
>>

> Hum... It's on otn; I'd expected someone with knowledge would read it
> before publishing on an Oracle site... ? Or would that be asked too
> much?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

yeah, i think so... i recently was reading some ODP.NET stuff on OTN and it suggested the sample user account needed to be created with CONNECT and RESOURCE privilege -- so anything not very directly related to the point of the articles posted on OTN i take with a grain or two of salt if it sounds like the author may be taking a 'shotgun' approach or an overkill shortcut to simplify the presentation/demo

have i been at this too long?

++ mcs Received on Sun Dec 04 2005 - 09:47:46 CST