Re: .NET Stored procedures and Oracle 10g lite R2

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:42:19 +0100

lottoman2000_at_gmail.com schrieb:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> It is really confusing. Oracle says that Oracle 10g R2 uses a PL/SQL
> Wrapper to access the .NET stored procedure.
> "The .NET stored procedure or function appears to the caller as a
> PL/SQL stored procedure or function because a PL/SQL wrapper has been
> generated for it. The user invokes a .NET stored procedure or function
> through this PL/SQL wrapper. Oracle Deployment Wizard for .NET
> determines the probable mappings between Oracle data types and .NET
> data types, which the user can override. The mappings are handled
> seamlessly by the PL/SQL wrapper."
> http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/win.102/b14306/intro.htm#BABCCJJD

Did not dive that deep into... It is on my to-test-list, but nothing done so far...

> Also according to Oracle, Oracle database lite does NOT support PL/SQL.
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/lite/pdf/lite_and_bigoracle_diff.pdf
> What do you think?

If you are just trying to get some knowledge regarding .NET SP then maybe take a look at this link:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/dotnet/index.html I think I would go for Oracle XE and the Developer Tools for XE. If you are trying to have .NET SP working on Oracle Lite it looks like you are out of luck.

hth,

   Moritz Received on Sat Dec 03 2005 - 14:42:19 CST