Re: 10g Bind peeking causes multiple cursors for same query with perl DBD::Oracle

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:17:28 -0800

"Bart the bear" <bartthebear_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133600824.605487.23090_at_g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> Jim Kennedy wrote:
> > Let me see if I understand this. Mr. Bunce is promoting open source
> > databases and is resisting improving the driver for Oracle. (my
> > inderstanding is the array interface in perl is a row by row and not
using
> > the array interface) But it would appear that the DBD is not open
source?
> > Seems kind of hypocritical.
> > Jim
>
> What seems hypocritical to you? I don't understand your point? Are you
> offering me
> help with re-engineering the driver? Problem is that I am using Oracle
> and array driver
> works for DB2 and PostgreSQL, despite the fact that Oracle has array
> interface for the
> longest time. DBI interface is not database neutral, it is also trying
> to promote certain
> databases over other ones. To make things abundantly clear, Tim Bunce
> is pushing
> MySQL and Pg at the expense of Oracle. If that is so, I'd appreciate a
> public statement
> instead of this type of guerilla war.
> What is that you find hypocritical and what is the point of your post?

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. I meant that if Perl is open source and is DBI open source(? I don't know) If it isn't then it should be and if it isn't that seems hypocritical. Couldn't DBI be made to use the array interface if it is open source ? You might see if Oracle might produce such an animal. It is in their best interest. What would prevent them from doing so?
Jim Received on Sat Dec 03 2005 - 11:17:28 CST