Re: 10g Bind peeking causes multiple cursors for same query with perl DBD::Oracle

From: Bart the bear <bartthebear_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2005 09:59:51 -0800

Don't use Perl DBI with Oracle. Oracle is not well supported. New data types and features like direct load or evven array interface are
not supported. The author of the DBI is promoting open source databases at the expense of Oracle and is not doing anything to fix the driver. I am creating my own version of the DBD::Oracle and I will distribute it
independently of CPAN. It will still be based on Tim's code, but with the
patches for array interface and direct load. Unfortunately, I'll have to
slightly change the semantics of bind_param_array and execute_array. Received on Fri Dec 02 2005 - 11:59:51 CST