Re: FW: Informix versus Oracle Spatial

From: Superboer <superboer7_at_planet.nl>
Date: 2 Dec 2005 06:07:11 -0800

Just tryed:

create table nullix( a int, b char(10), primary key(a));

insert into nullix (b) values ('One ');

So obstacle is dictating to have a PK which does not allow nulls in my table...

this:
create table nullix( a int unique , b char(10));

insert into nullix  (b) values ('One ');
insert into nullix  (b) values ('One Dupl');
insert into nullix  (b) values ('Two Dupl');

succeeds....

> Absolutely. null is absence of any information about a datum,
> how can you know that it is a duplicate? It might well not be.

sorry mate i disagree with you on that

select * from nullix where a is null

gives me the info.

so sqlnul is sqlnul and also sqlnull in an index and is a unique value;

to get the real answer i guess one has to goto the sql specs. -- haven't got them; any takers....???

Superboer.