Re: 9i streams setup

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:14:43 GMT

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:41:58 -0800, epipko wrote:

> You know, you are probably right. I am using 9i and the syntax is
> 10G-based.
> I will try it the way Hans recommended. However, I see most of dbms_*
> packages in SYS schema are invalid.
> They are logminer and streams related. Do I just recompile them and go
> on?

Oracle recompiles invalid packages on demand. If it's a test or dev environment you could let it happen on the fly. I've found there are rarely recompile issues with SYS related packages, so it's more of an annoyance and performance hit for the first user.

In production you probably want to monitor / recompile under supervision so that you can react to any compile issues.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com