Re: 9i streams setup

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 06:21:38 GMT

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:03:31 -0800, epipko wrote:

> Hans,
> Thanks for staying with me on this one.
> I am not familiar with streams at all, so sorry for not understanding
> what you're saying.
> What I need is to make sure that any change to ANY column will be
> transmitted to the "other" side.
> My understanding is that if I make PK specific than only changes to PK
> columns will trigger the change to
> move over.
> For instance: I have a table T with 10 columns. I have a PK on it on
> the first 2 columns.
> I need to make sure that if someone made a change to column number 9,
> the change is cuptured and moved.

I think it's the other way around ... the table changes - all columns - go into the log file anyway. You are adding the unique identifier for the row as a supplement.

What you do with the supplementary logging is say 'in addition to the changed column(s) in the table (that is the before and after image of those columns) I want to add the primary key to the log file - even if it has not changed - so the far end knows which row to change."

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com