Oracle9 bare install, OMF, can't see dba_tables...

From: George <george.cross_at_excite.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2005 19:01:11 -0800

Dear All,

I installed Oracle9, and instead of running dbca, I created my db instance according to the docs whereby I copied the init.ora file and modified the parameters therein to generate the control file.

This worked great, and I was able to create my database, and tables in it. I can execute queries on the tables I created successfully.

However, when I execute

sqlplus> select * from dba_tables;

I always get,

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

This is true for all_tables, or dba_tablespaces too. Is there some other trick so I can see all the tables in my db?

Thank you much. Sincerely,

George Received on Wed Nov 30 2005 - 21:01:11 CST