Re: 9i streams setup

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:17:49 GMT

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:26:48 -0800, epipko wrote:

> I am actually need ALL column changes to be written to logs.
> I saw an example in the book, but it is not working for me for some
> reason.

All column changes for one table, right?

Streams captures only the changed columns, so if col2 and col5 are updated, streams will not capture col1, col3, col4.

If col1 is the primary key, you need to include that in the supplemental logging so that the changes to col2 & col5 will be applied to the correct row at the far end. But you should not need to xmit the data for col 3 & col4.

So what is not working for you?

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com