Re: informix market share

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 30 Nov 2005 10:27:13 -0800

Mark Townsend wrote:
> Serge Rielau wrote:
>

> > So, if said vendor would e.g. convert a customer's Sun SMP box into a
> > cluster of Linux boxes. Would that be counted as new license revenue?
> >

> Only if there was a positive difference in the cost between the license
> on the Sun box and the new license on the cluster of Linux boxes.

You guys have lost me in this discussion.

Someone said that only 1 vendor reports in the SEC filings accurately new license revenue versus support revenue.

Do you mean to say oracle reports this accurately, IBM reports this accurately, or some other vendor reports this accurately?

Then you or someone is talking about "if said vendor". Which vendor are you referring to? Received on Wed Nov 30 2005 - 12:27:13 CST