Re: informix market share

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:22:31 GMT

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:52:32 -0500, Serge Rielau wrote:

> *chuckle*And there always will be because SMP scales better than RAC
> (more CPUs needed) and RAC is cited as a major contributer to Linux
> licenses... it ain't free. To quote the Oracle ad's fineprint freely
> "DBMS software and switches not included ..." ;-)

Pot <-> Kettle? From the IBM site, when I looked at DB2 under Linux <g>

https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/buyingtools/paexpress/Express?P0=E1&part_number=D518GLL,D518JLL,D53Y2LL,D56CILL&catalogLocale=en_CA&Locale=en_US&country=CAN&PT=html&S_TACT=none&S_CMP=none

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com