Re: informix market share

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:50:21 -0800

RollForward Wizard wrote:
> Mark Townsend wrote:
>

>> DA Morgan wrote:
>>
>>>  Somewhere in the
>>> DB2 kernel there is an instruction something like: TRUNCATE PERSPECTIVE.
>>

>> Hey - thats funny :-)
>>
>> Does Informix has a REVOKE ALL HOPE FROM USERS command ?

> LOL.
>
> Doesn't Oracle have:
>
> TRUNCATE BANK ACCOUNT WITHOUT WAITING
> SET CAPTURE TARGET ORACLE
> FLUSH ACCOUNT
> COMMIT
Seems to me that some of your fellow Informix folks here have been reporting their licenses costing them multiples of the Oracle price.

So if Oracle has that command then presumably Informix's new logo is:

"Informix: Where speed counts. We will get from where you to bankruptcy faster than any other commercial RDBMS."

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org