Re: Unicode and Oracle

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:42:46 +0100

Laurenz Albe wrote:
> Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>>Which is a bad idea...
>>Once a table "MyUniCodeTablename" is created you rmust always refer to
>>it as "MyUniCodeTablename" - case and quotes included.

> I never said it was a good idea to use anything but ASCII7 for table
> names.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Laurenz,

it was more a reaction to the OP; the contents of your writing is correct, and aswered the question. I was merely venting a feeling about the whole idea.

Apart from that - "table name is only known at runtime"....?

Sound like creating tables on the fly - very un-Oracle!

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...