EXEC SQL CONNECT :userpass; and OCI8

From: Iain William Wiseman <bibble_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:57:52 +1300

Hi all,

I want to use the existing connection to create a service Context Handle from a PL/SQL connection

E.g

EXEC SQL CONNECT:userpass

Then go and do some OCI calls.

I have programmed array fetches/updates in OCI so I am very familiar with the OCI APIs.

I normally connect with either

OCILogon
or
OCIServerAttach
OCISessionBegin

Basically I am guessing I need to somehow convert an Lda_Def to a OCISvcCtx*. I have seen OCISvcCtxToLda and OCILdaToSvcCtx but I do not understand what to do.

Help appreciated.

Regards,
Iain Received on Tue Nov 29 2005 - 23:57:52 CST