Re: informix market share

From: rkusenet <rkusenet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:10:36 -0500

"Bob Jones" <email_at_me.not> wrote in message news:5F5jf.34414$6e1.17780_at_newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...

> I forgot that IBMers consider mainframe a mordern OS.

yeah whatever.

check this table http://www.gartner.com/press_releases/asset_127553_11.html

The *new license* sales of DB2 is as much as Oracle. Since bulk of DB2 sales is on mainframe platform, it tells that Db2 on mainframe still sells as much as Oracle. I think this fact by itself deserves respect.

If anyone takes an inventory of mission critical applications running on databases, Db2 may end up as #1. Received on Tue Nov 29 2005 - 21:10:36 CST