Re: 10g RAC: max performance & min cost with miSCSI?

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:09:53 GMT

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:43:53 +0200, Heikki Siltala <abcwebmasterxyz_at_abcheikkisiltalaxyz.abccomxyz> wrote:

>I have been playing around with tools like Spotlight and what the
>database keeps waiting is the disks. It has been the same ever since the
>database was created over 4 years ago. Adding DBWR slaves, relocating
>redos and archived redos, tuning log buffer etc have been tried but the
>bottleneck is still the IO system which consists of "multiple SCSI disks
>put into a multiple disk arrays and connected to the server via various
>SCSI channels". What else could be expected from this kind of a mess.

While 'playing around' with Spotlight, have you tried identifying heavy on IO queries and try to tune them? Most likely you can tune your application with putting in place some summary tables, or adding a few indices.

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.6/7 on Solaris 2.7 and RH4 remove NSPAM to email Received on Tue Nov 29 2005 - 17:09:53 CST