Re: Oracle Selects Sun As Reference Platform ... again

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 29 Nov 2005 12:01:33 -0800

# Matthias Hoys wrote:
#> I think that for really high-end databases Solaris or IBM AIX would
still be
#> more recommendable than Linux. But for the "average" 2xCPU database
server
#> Linux would be my first choice, because of it's stability, market
#> penetration and coolness ;-)

Because of it's stability?

Because of it's coolness?

Well at least you are honest with your biases but I can't say that I agree with either one of those 2 points. But maybe I am not understanding what you consider the comparisons to be.

Stability compared to what exactly?

Coolness compared to what exactly? Received on Tue Nov 29 2005 - 14:01:33 CST