Re: Segregation of Duties - IT Team

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 28 Nov 2005 22:52:52 -0800

Joel Garry wrote:
> I dunno man, it seems to me most places are pretty lax about their
> email administration, whether they think they are or not. Denial of
> service attacks for email are trivial anyways, between spam, worms and
> strange policies it becomes self-denying...

The latest trend is to forge traffic and falsely report a domain to one of the
self-appointed "spam-police" sites. Who then in a totaly irresponsible

manner put out "black lists" for such domains. And the result is you're
locked out of receiving mail alerts because all relays are now dropping

traffic from your domain.

Isn't self-regulation by incompetent and irresponsible twits a great way to run the Internet?

.
.
.