Re: Oracle Selects Sun As Reference Platform ... again

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2005 15:57:25 -0800

> and once again embrace Sun Microsystems.

Uhhhhh...incest? http://www.sun.com/software/linux/

Where was it I saw all those complaints about Dell... metalink? oh well, this has now become humor:
http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/1276851 No single point of failure, but complexity does add some more points!

I notice the eWeek article doesn't say a thing about databases (other than the German guy), it just says "Oracle." So if there are more users on Solaris than LInux, they must be including all tiers. The article mentions Java. Scott did seem unusually subdued at OpenWorld.

This all must mean Scott is giving Larry a bunch of servers on the cheap.

> At open world 2005 several people noted that oracle is still running
> many of it's largest internal databases on sun hardware and solaris.

That stuff's all trailing edge, isn't it?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Alien Computer Virus!