Wrong results or some configuration detail (Oracle 10G) ?

From: dba_ccee <iury.coe_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2005 11:27:56 -0800

Hi All ! Members please look this situation:

To homolog Oracle 10g (to migrate) I check the results from one aplication (composed by 16 procedures).
To test the results I install two databases in Oracle 10G, first in Solaris (same machine) and second in Linux (other server), basically with the same server parameters and locale (unix enviroment). I load data with export into databases and create dblinks with the 9i database (Solaris). Running "select * minus" I confirm that the data are same in all databeses (result: "0 rows") - the data is exactualy the same in all.
Executing the routine (16 procedures in sequence) the result was diferent to all, comparing 9i x 10g(Solaris), 9i x 10g(Linux) and 10g(Solaris) x 10g(Linux).
Checking for example the nls_parameters, they are the same. Importants server parameter are the same too (cursor_charing, optimizer_mode, etc).

Anybody suspect what can are doing this diference in the results ? Migranting from 8 to 9i I do the same test, and was OK. Thanks,
Iury Received on Mon Nov 28 2005 - 13:27:56 CST