Re: Connecting Oracle client

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 28 Nov 2005 08:25:41 GMT

san <b_r_santhosh_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had installed Oracle 9i database and while creating the database I
> had selected UTF8 for supporting Arabic. If I try to connect the
> database from any client i.e, through SQL*PLUS version 8 (developer
> 2000 6i) the screen disappears after accepting the username, password
> and the connect string.
>
> The problem is regarding selecting UTF8 while creating the database, if
> I had selected the default language, I don't have any problem in
> connecting through the client. Even I don't have any problem while
> connecting a client (9ids).
>
> Expecting a reply at the earliest.

Umm, I assume that you are neither familiar with USENET nor with the English language, so I will ignore that last sentence.

First, find out what version of Oracle you are using at the client and the server and what level of what operating system these run on. Post this information.

Then, check in Metalink (if you have access) if this combination is certified, i.e. has been tested and should work.

If that does not enlighten you, set TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=SUPPORT in your sqlnet.ora and try again. Then examine the trace file and determine where the problem is.

Ask for help if you need any (maybe in a more friendly way than this time).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Mon Nov 28 2005 - 02:25:41 CST