Re: DB2 HADB

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:56:18 -0800

Mark A wrote:

>>Too much LSD in your coffee? Back up your "much more so than Oracle"
>>statement with something or perhaps acknowledge the obvious fact that
>>you have zero knowledge of Oracle's code base as you have never seen it.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan

> What I do know is that when I review the Oracle download page, they don't
> release versions for all platforms at the same time (not even close to the
> same time). DB2 for LUW always releases versions and fixpacks (every 3
> months) for all platforms at the same time.
>
> Have you seen the DB2 LUW code base?

Have I seen the DB2 code base? No. Haven't seen the Oracle one either. But I do have the integrity to acknowledge it.

I don't have sufficient information to know whose code base is or isn't anything. What I have sufficient information to know, however, is that LACK OF FACTS has never once stopped you from pontificating. And didn't in this case either.

"The first rule of holes is when you are in one ... stop digging."

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org