Re: DB2 HADR

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:48:20 -0700

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:nrqdnR6Prfcj4RfenZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d_at_comcast.com...

> So does this make you a DB2 zealot then ?

Not a zealot, just a DBA. It's just software, not the holy grail. Just about any RDBMS will do the job about 95% of the time.

To be honest, I don't really care about the code base issue. I use Oracle on Linux, and lately that has been the first Oracle platform released. I would never have even mentioned the code base issue, but others have brought it up in a way that seems very inaccurate to me. Received on Sun Nov 27 2005 - 21:48:20 CST