Re: DB2 HADB

From: Mark A <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:36:18 -0700

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:DoadnRkO-5xh5BfenZ2dnUVZ_v-

> And from that you presume to opine that the Oracle code base is different.
> I think you are now trolling. A little unprofessional.

We all know that both the DB2 LUW and Oracle code is slightly different for each OS. The fact that it often takes Oracle quite a while to release the same version on all platforms, and that DB2 LUW always releases version and fixpacks for all platforms at the same time, likely means that DB2 is better isolated from the OS than Oracle. I think that is a very reasonable inference for any rationale person to make. Just think about what all the Oracle zealots would be saying if the reverse where true. Received on Sun Nov 27 2005 - 21:36:18 CST